Find us on Facebook!

Did you know that the Alcoholic Beverage Control division of the Kansas Department of Revenue has a facebook page? You can find great articles, helpful tips and all the latest news related to the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.


  • New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to:
  • You must register for business taxes.
  • All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.

See all the steps and get more information here.


2019 H.B. 2035 amends K.S.A. 2018 Supp. 41-308 to provide that all alcoholic liquor, cereal malt beverage and nonalcoholic malt beverage sold by a holder of a retail liquor store license shall be subject to the liquor enforcement tax imposed by K.S.A. 79-4101. This change went into effect on April 11, 2019, the date the act was published in the Kansas register.

Common Questions and Answers

An individual is classified as a drug dealer and is liable for the payment of drug taxes if he/she manufactures, produces, ships, transports or imports into Kansas or possesses more than 28 grams of marijuana (processed or marijuana plants) or more than one gram of controlled substance or 10 or more dosage units of a controlled substance (K.S.A. 79-5201).
Citation is a legal notice issued by the Assistant Attorney General after reviewing the alleged violation advising the Licensee of a liquor violation and the penalty for committing the violation. To prevent further administrative action, the suspension, if any, must be served and the administrative fine must be paid.
The role of a process agent is to accept service of process on behalf of a licensee.
21 years old for retail liquor; 18 years old for Cereal Malt Beverage.
Teens drinking beer

Social Hosting of Minors

Unlawfully hosting minors consuming alcoholic liquor or CMB is recklessly permitting a person's residence or any land, building, structure or room owned, occupied or procured by such person to be used by an invitee of such person or an invitee of such person's child or ward, in a manner that results in the unlawful possession or consumption therein of alcoholic liquor or CMB by a minor.

Penalty: Class A misdemeanor with a minimum fine of $1000.

Minor in possession

Minor In Possession

  • It is a class C misdemeanor with a minimum fine of $200
  • The court may require 40 hours of community service
  • The court may require the completion of an alcohol/susbstance education program
  • The court shall suspend the person's driving privileges for 30 days (1st conviction); 90 days (2nd conviction); 1 year (3rd or subsequent conviction)

Did you know?

All Kansas ABC Agents are certified law enforcement personnel per K.S.A. 41-201.



Remember, you are not required to make a sale if there is any question that doing so would violate Federal or State law.