Liquor Licenses and Permits
- Licensee Handbooks and Reference Information
- Liquor Licensee Information Brochure (ABC-899)
- License/Permit Pricing
At the time of application, there are two options to pay your license fee:
- pay the license fee and the registration fee in full or
- pay half of the license fee plus the registration fee with your application and pay the remaining half of the license fee plus a 10 percent surcharge within one year from the date your license was issued. Note: If you do not pay your remaining license fee and the 10 percent surcharge when it is due, your license will automatically be cancelled.
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
K.S.A. 41-319 allows the ABC 20 days to process manufacturer, distributor or non-beverage user license applications and 30 days for all other licenses and permits. The time limit begins once all required documentation is received.
The Miscellaneous Tax Segment may contact you during the licensing process regarding a liquor drink bond, liquor license bond or liquor tax issue.
Once your license or permit application has been approved, it will be delivered as follows:
- New in-state licenses are hand-delivered by your local ABC enforcement agent.
- Renewed licenses are mailed.
- Permits are emailed to the applicant.
Term of Licenses or Permits
- Liquor licenses are valid for a two year term.
- Supplier Permits are valid from the date approved through the following June 30.
- Temporary permits are valid for specific days.
- Non-beverage permits are for a one time use.
- All other permits are valid for one year.
Once your license is approved or renewed, the liquor license number and company information will be posted to the ABC Active Liquor Licensee database. To view your information, go to: https://www.kdor.ks.gov/apps/liquorlicensee/
To use the online system you must pay using an electronic check or credit/debit card. Please note that the payment processing vendor charges a service charge for electronic payments, $1.50 for an electronic check or 2.5 percent of the total for credit/debit card use.
Closing Your Business
If you are closing your business, you must complete the ABC-824 form to surrender your liquor license.
|Class A Club|
|Class B Club|
|Common Consumption Area Permit|
|Hotel Drinking Establishment|
|Hotel Drinking Establishment and Caterer|
Contact the Licensing Unit at 785-296-7015 (press option #2) or send an email to: KDOR_abc.email@example.com
Contact the Marketing Unit at 785-296-7015 (press option #2) or send an email to: KDOR_abc.firstname.lastname@example.org
LIQUOR TAX QUESTIONS?
Contact the Miscellaneous Tax Segment at 785-368-8222, Option #5 then option #4 or send email to KDOR_Miscellaneous.Tax@KS.GOV